Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Beginning

Hello, I am Adrianne and I want a baby! I've decided to use this, as a place to blog about my attempts to conceive and other wonderful thoughts about myself.  I've been trying to get pregnant for about 2 years now.  My husband (Matthew) and I have never used protection in the 7 years we've been married.  We pretty much just figured if and when it happens it happens.  About two years ago we decided we were really ready to have a child in our lives. We realized we needed to be seen by doctors since we weren't able to conceive on our own. We wanted to make sure it was even possible since, my husband had cancer as a child and received a lot of chemo and radiation.  
:::Flash forward to present day::: We are working closely now with Dr. Matthew Will of, U of M Ann Arbor to conceive. We are under the impression that although this will be a difficult and expensive process, it is completely possible!  

We are very happy, just to know there's a possibility of becoming parents.  My very close friend Amanda had some difficulty getting pregnant as well, and has become a mega help in my quest to conceive. Last December Amanda and Rob (her husband and my husband's best friend) gave birth to a beautiful and healthy baby girl (Rylie). Matthew and I have grown very attached to her and her birth has given us much hope for our own little family. I get to watch Rylie three days a week to help Amanda out while she works. Rylie is a complete angel and although she can be a grumpy pants, she's opened my eyes to life with a baby.  

I really don't want people to think that I don't realize how difficult being a mother is, because I'm very well aware. I am just simply ready for the honor of parenting. I'm ready for all the poopy diapers, late nights, early mornings, crying, laughing, and joy that a baby brings. I'm ready for my little "Sweet Pea".

No comments:

Post a Comment